Sean's Coaching Credentials:
- Former NCAA Division III distance coach at Hunter College
- USA Track and Field Level I & II Endurance certified coach
- Founded USATF & NYRR Club Team - Manhattan Athletic Club & Manhattan Athletic Club Elite (Instagram & Twitter @mhac_elite)
- NSCA certified personal trainer / CPR & AED certified
- Equinox EFTI Tier II graduate with specialization in endurance, strength, and mobility
- Former New York Road Runners' Coaching Specialist for their Youth Track and Field program
Sean's Running Accomplishments:
- Winner of the NYRR Norway Run - Oct. 2011
- Winner of the NYRR Henry Isola XC 4 miler - Sept. 2008
- Winner of the NYRR 5th Ave. Mile 30-34AG - Sept. 2007
- Winner of the USATF Northeast Region Track 5K - Jun. 2006
- 227th overall 2:45:15 NYC Marathon - Nov. 2006
Central Park Coaching was founded in 2008 by New York City running coach & personal trainer, Sean Fortune, to provide best in class one-on-one running coaching services. Central Park Coaching's mission is to help runners fulfill their potential and build a life-long love of the sport. Our mission's foundation is based on the core values that lead to success in all aspects in life: passion, hard work, commitment, education. Sean believes running and exercise have the power to transform an individual, and by extension, change the world. With that in mind, he has coached every level of runner: youth, novice, collegians, post-collegiate elites, and adults: both competitive and non-competitive.
Since 1998, Sean has been a fixture in the New York City running community in many different roles - coach, athlete, fundraiser, event officiant, and event organizer. His vast personal experience in high-level running lends expertise and technical knowledge to his friendly, motivational style of coaching.
In addition to impacting thousands of runners in his various coaching roles, Sean has also been a featured guest on Sirius XM's Doctor Radio discussing youth running | Profiled in the New York Road Runners' Fall 2013 magazine | Featured in Poland Spring's 2011 NYC marathon print ad campaign | Served on the inaugural USATF-NY Executive Board as V.P. Member Services and Manhattan Borough Representative | Frequent contributor to online magazine running articles including: Women's Health, Greatist.com, SHAPE magazine, The Joyful Approach.